Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 5 (I think) - Trig Ratios and The C.A.S.T rule

Hey guys, this is Naavi & I’m here to explain what we did on Friday. I was supposed to do it on thursday, but I couldn’t get into the blog. x)

On Friday, we learned about the trigonometric ratios, and the C.A.S.T rule.

Trigonmetric Ratios:

image


The value of ‘r’ is known as the radius vector, it’s length is always positive and is the hypotenuse on a triangle.

The other 2 points/sides are ‘x’ and ‘y’. If ‘x’ and ‘y’ is on the terminal arm of an angle in std position, that means that:

Sin o (theta) = opposite/hypotenuse (y/r)

Cos o (theta) = Adjacent/Hypotenuse (x/r)

Tan o (theta) = opposite/adjacent (y/x)

Make sense? I hope so. xD

The C.A.S.T Rule

The C.A.S.T rule is pretty simple, basically, it tells us if the trig ratio is positive or negative on the four quadrants.

image

And yeah, I think that’s all we learned on Friday. I hope this made sense to you guys, I know I’m not very good at explaining things. x)

1 comment:

  1. The application of trigonometric ratios is immense in height and distance.
    Double Angle Formulas

    ReplyDelete